So, diagnosis started last year and I was recently admitted to Queens Square and discharged on 4th March with a diagnosis of RRMS. I was discharged with a letter saying that I would be seen within a follow up clinic within 6 weeks. I have just been told that my follow up appointment will be on the 11th June which is actually 14 WEEKS later!! This appointment will be to discuss DMT’s and where we might go with treatment but the problem I have is that the longer it takes then the more I question DMT’s and the potential side effects. At the moment I am relatively well and continuing to work full time and lead a generally normal life and what I don’t understand is whether I should be taking a DMT whilst I am well and whether this is likely to prevent further deterioration or whether I can wait until I am unwell and then start taking the DMT. I will obviously ask my specialist this but the wait is very frustrating and just leads to me questioning everything!
Browse categories and add by clicking on them
You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.