Last reply 1 week ago
Dvla / driving licence

Evening all,
Looking for reassurance really.
I informed the DVLA about my RRMS about 3 months after diagnosis and they have written to me twice since then to let me know that they are still waiting on my consultant to confirm im fit to drive.
I dont think it will be an issue as my symptoms have been relatively mild and even at their worst they didnt stop me from driving and I had an ‘unconfirmed’ episode of optic neuritis so im assuming that wont go against me but im worried what will happen if the dvla dont receive a response soon. Its been 3 months already. Can they temporarily take my licence?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.


dominics
1 week ago

I think the point is: why on earth hasn’t your consultant and/or nurse dealt with this?

This is one of the most common things that is done for a patient. If they are declining to be helpful then you need to chase it via the Pals service at the hospital.


stumbler
1 week ago

@beky . give the Consultant’s secretary a call and see if they can escalate it.


look
1 week ago

The DVLA actively chased the office of my neurologist as they weren’t receiving anything from them (due to an antiquated fax machine problem). It got sorted very quickly once the info was received by the DVLA.


jeanera_thomas
1 week ago

@beki I don’t think you’ll have any problems, unfortunately the process can take ages waiting for responses from the appropriate people. I had the same issue when I was first diagnosed but it was fine. Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon xx


beky
1 week ago

Thanks everyone for your responses!
Im seeing the consultant next month so if its not sorted by then i can kick off (by which i mean ask nicely 😅)

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.