@Del1977 

Last reply

Del1977

2 years post Lemtrada Round2...

Hi all, I was diagnosed with MS in March 2015. Since then, I've undergone 2 bouts of Lemtrada chemotherapy.... and cycled over 45,000 miles on my bike. It's been quite a journey. I think that other MS sufferers would benefit from aspects of my story - especially the newly diagnosed or those considering Lemtrada treatment - and I've now finished the book that I've been writing about my experiences. I attach a link to my book, "CyclingWithMS", which is now available for purchase on the amazon website - both e-book and paperback. https://www.amazon.co.uk/CyclingWithMS-Ewan-Johnston-ebook/dp/B07HZ2MW97/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1 (All profits are going to the "MS Society" - I am making no profits, direct or indirect, from any sales - and I know the site doesn't allow advertising but I've cleared this with the moderators!) Several readers have encouraged me post on this website - I'd be happy to answer any queries about my experiences with Lemtrada, my book... or other.... either via this site, or on my wordpress blog: https://cyclingwithms.wordpress.com/ As background: I’m not a writer. I’m not even a cyclist, not a professional one anyway. But I do have MS. To try and organise my own thoughts, I started to write a diarised blog entitled “CyclingWithMS”. I found this exercise enormously therapeutic and was hugely buoyed by the messages of support that it elicited. As my blog grew and grew, it became harder for readers to find a coherent story so, this year, whilst I was laid low by ill health, I spent my bedbound time transforming my various diary extracts into a single book. The result is that my book is not necessarily in chronological order and has had to be heavily edited from its original form but I feel that it now best-represent the trials, tribulations and joys of a life with MS. I hope that it provides you with an entertaining read.
@LittleBoPeep

Brought a copy - at £3 it’s less than my daily bus ticket, and I’d quite like to figure out how to get into cycling 🤔

@Del1977

ah many thanks! it's all in a good (great) cause - hopefully you'll enjoy reading it too. I've always been massively into my cycling so it's been something that I have sought to continue, rather than to take up... but if you are interested I'm in contact with several organisations who arrange cycling sessions for interested newcomers... and can cater for whatever degree of disability they suffer from. Let me know if interested....