Last reply 1 week ago
Tysabri with a cold

Hi everyone,

I’m due to have my 2nd Tysabri infusion Thursday but have a terrible cold since last Friday. I think I’m over the worst of it but I’m afraid they won’t give me treatment because of it. Has anyone any experience with this situation or similar?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Hi – that’s such a nuisance.
Best to advise your Tysabri team before travelling to the appointment/ If they advise against having the infusion then they’ll likely suggest a revised date.

I had an infusion with a bit of a sore throat last month… i thought the risk was minimal… I was wrong 😀
Singed off work for a week, viral infection, etc.

I think i was just unlucky, but get the teams advice if you can.


georgie92
3 weeks ago

@poorusernamechoice

Thanks for the advice. I rang and was told to come in a bit earlier to check I was fit for treatment and it was fine, so all pumped up for another month thankfully 🙂


mamawals
3 weeks ago

Everyone is different but for me, personally, getting an infusion while sick made me much much sicker. I will never risk that again. Tysabri doesn’t have to be given every four weeks – you can stretch it out as much as eight weeks. I’m actually on an extended dosing schedule now and it’s been great!


georgie92
1 week ago

@poorusernamechoice @mamawals

So maybe next time I’ll wait until I’m fully better. Got a sore throat two nights ago and ended up in A&E with sepsis yesterday. Feeling a bit rubbish that this is probably the way things are going to be from now on. Fingers crossed the tysabri is actually working, looking forward to my next MRI.

Thanks for both your advise 🙂

daaaaamn!
sorry to hear that @georgie92
hope you’re back on the way up now though

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.