Last reply


Ocrevus stopped due to COVID19

I was supposed to have my first Ocrevus infusion today but it has been deferred in light of the coronavirus outbreak and I will be treated with Brabio for the time being instead. I had emailed some concerns to my hospital (The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London) as I was worried about the risks involved with Ocrevus and the consultants all held a meeting yesterday afternoon to discuss them. The conclusion was that Ocrevus treatment would be delayed for all patients until more is known about the coronavirus and its trajectory. My consultant is of the view that it will become widespread across the country and everybody will be exposed to it. I was also informed that the risks associated with Ocrevus in real data has proven to be higher than clinical trials demonstrated. Therefore, it could be 3-6 months until Ocrevus is back on the table due to safety concerns. I know I'm a worry wart but I was really surprised when my consultant said nobody had yet asked the questions that I had. What are everyone's thoughts on all this?
Show support