Last reply 1 year ago
New housing needs

Since having my son I am having more symptoms and it’s become dangerous for me to carry him up and down the 20 steps to my door. The housing has me down as ‘recognised need’ to be moved but I feel like even with the hospital/doctors letters it’s not enough. Does anyone know how to get things moving?


Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

1 year ago

Hi @mirax and welcome.

Get your local MP on the case. They’ll have a website, with a “contact me” link.

You could also see if phoning SCOPE ( on 0808 800 3333 could bring any pressure to bear.

Good luck. Just keep making a noise. 😉

1 year ago

Hello @mirax, it might be extreme, but you could try Children’s or Social Services? Given that your kiddie’s welfare is at hand, how could they ignore it. If you tell them your son is vulnerable due to the steps, how can they ignore it? It’s a bit extreme, but that’s how we Warriors roll! Good luck x

1 year ago

Thanks for the advice guys

It can be annoying when people just don’t understand or think your exaggerating lol

1 year ago

Seeing as the Housing Association has you down as a recognised need, they should be working on getting you somewhere suitable. If you have not heard from them for some time then contact them to ask what’s going on, make a fuss, Get in touch with your Occ Therap he/she will get the ball rolling for you.

Good luck.

Join to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.