@Elsa75 

Last reply

Elsa75

12 week isolation letter

I've just received the following text "You have been identified as at risk of severe illness if you catch COVID-19. You are advised to stay at home at all times and avoid face-to-face contact for at least 12 wks. You will be sent a letter with more details this week. Please visit bit.ly/COVIDshielding and www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulne" It has been so long since these letters were mentioned in the press that I thought I would not receive one but I have been self isolating for the last month (as much as possible) anyway. I know others on this site have already received the letter at different times and others may still receive it so when does the 12 weeks begin? Thanks and keep safe 😊
@lukezni

Hi @elsa75 the letter says your 12 weeks start on the day you receive the letter, although for me personally i decided to start the 12 week isolation when lockdown was put in place

@DominicS

Hi @elsa75 , there has been much discussion of these letters, what constitutes vulnerability etc. It really is all rather confusing. Saying one is vulnerable is akin to equating it with a car and leaving it at that. This is what the government, by necessity, has been forced to do. - Car, tho, come from the Robin Reliant 3-wheeler, as favoured by Del in Only Fools and Horses, to the sodding great Bentley SUV. - Your profile says that you have alemtuzumab (Lemtrada) in, I think, 2007. Making a few assumptions - 1) there has been no breakthrough and you haven't been re-treated recently (in the last 12 months) and 2) that your lymphocyte count is above 800 (sometimes expressed as .8) then your vulnerability ios unlikely to be any greater than the next person. - Like many, I have been about 98% self-isolating anyway. My wife and I together conduct the huge majority of our life behind closed doors at this point. Safer for us and safer for others. Simples! - I am on ocrelizumab and still haven't received a letter so you are not being overlooked. - All the same stuff still applied to us all and that is limiting our movement as much as possible and the handwashing and so on. - 12 weeks is notional, a figure they set upon a good 4 weeks ago anyway and arguably things are appreciated to be less good now than they were then. Overall, common-sense and restricting any non-essential contact to nil and if you are forced top interact with others remembering that no matter how well you know them or how nice they are they need to stay 2m away. This virus is a bugger because of its invisibility. - Take it easy. Stay safe. Stay away from others and have a happy easter!