Why are we looking for you?
Shift.ms is looking for a Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager with a track record of successfully writing grant applications to join its team.
Building on Shift.ms’ success of receiving repeat funding from Wellcome Trust, along with grants from Comic Relief, Monument Trust and Nominet Trust, we wish to bring on board an experienced grant fundraiser to help Shift.ms deliver its ambitious plans for growth.
What is Shift.ms?
Shift.ms is the social network for people with multiple sclerosis (MSers) which aims to support the recently diagnosed. The organisation is currently a team of ten split across Leeds and London, and the community – www.Shift.ms – has 50,000 monthly users from all over the world.
The position offers flexibility and requires a minimum of one day a week working from Shift.ms’ London office (Somerset House).
Key elements of the role:
We are seeking a detail-oriented, proactive and personable Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager to join our team.
Reporting to the Executives, the Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager will strategically lead Shift.ms’ grant fundraising and will have a proven track record of securing significant gifts (six-figure sums and above) from trusts and foundations; experience of researching and identifying new funding opportunities; and excellent written and oral communication skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
In addition, the Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager will be responsible for developing Shift.ms’ Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and writing accompanying funding applications.
Overseeing all grant funding applications, the Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager will manage the portfolio of donors and ensure the dynamic delivery of a successful grants strategy.
What you’ll need to bring:
- A demonstrable track record of securing significant gifts (six-figure sums) from trusts
- An ability to write and submit a regular stream of applications
- Experience of researching and writing high-quality, well-structured and persuasive communication materials, and delivering convincing verbal presentations
- An understanding of funders’ needs, and how to meet these needs through thorough and relevant research, and creating compelling applications for support
- Experience of working with corporate partners to generate charity funds
- Proactive work ethic and self-motivating
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of taking a project from idea to completion
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on a variety of tasks at any one time
- Ability to develop your own work plan and manage your time effectively
Hours: Up to 37.5 hours a week (flexibility to work between 22.5 and 37.5 hours per week)
Contract: 2 years fixed-term contract with opportunity for extension
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum dependent on relevant experience
Annual leave: 28 days per annum (including time between Christmas and New Year), plus public holidays
Office location (for at least one day per week): Makerversity, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA. Possibility of working remotely for the remaining time.
Flexibility: The Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager position has the flexibility to be a full time or part time role (minimum 22.5 hours per week). There is a requirement to work from Shift.ms’ London office at least one day per week.
To apply for the position of Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager, please send your CV to [email protected] by 17.00 on Wednesday 7th November 2018, along with a response to the following question:
Please outline how your experience and relevant successes make you the right candidate for the position of Trusts & Foundations Fundraising Manager at Shift.ms? (maximum 300 words)
Interviews will be held in London on Monday 26th November 2018.