Why we are looking for you
It’s an exciting time at Shift.ms, we’re growing our team and are currently looking for a Head of Volunteering & Engagement.
We’re looking for someone who can innovate, change and disrupt how we mobilise our community, engage our volunteers and approach fundraising.
We’re small, but we think big… we believe the future is user-led and our ambition is for the community to underpin everything we do.
Your job will be to help transform our organisation into an engaged user-led community and create new volunteering & fundraising opportunities.
Who are Shift.ms?
Shift.ms is a social network for people with multiple sclerosis (MSers) and our main aim is supporting the recently diagnosed. The organisation is currently a team of nine split across Leeds and London, and the community – Shift.ms – has over 13,000 members from all over the world.
The day to day
Your day to day will vary and we want you to set the agenda, we are a flexible, forward thinking work environment and admire people who educate, challenge and inspire us.
Some of the key challenges we’d love you to help us solve are to:
• Manage a virtual network of engaged volunteers
• Create new volunteering opportunities to:
Ensure the vibrancy and future of the community
Inspire others going through diagnosis to help improve the health and wellbeing of fellow MSers
Be empowered to gather evidence and hold experts and power holders to account on behalf of the community
• Create opportunities for volunteers to learn new skills and build their own support network
• Explore opportunities of ‘ex-members’ creating roles that make use of both professional skills and lived experience
• Opportunities to develop mentoring and wayfinding roles
• Teach and empower us as an organisation to be better at all of this.
What you’ll need to bring
• Energy, drive and enthusiasm
• A creative flair that delivers results – excite us with your ideas!
• 4 years + experience in a similar or related role
• Experience managing and mobilising volunteers
• Experience and creativity in fundraising digitally and through communities
• Experience managing & motivating teams
• Awesome people skills, whether it be external stakeholders, volunteers or colleagues
• You’re good at emails and spreadsheets and stuff like that.
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Contract: 24 months initially with opportunity for extension
Salary: £37,000 – £42,000 per annum, dependent on location and experience
Annual Leave: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays.
Office locations: We have offices in Leeds and central London. We are flexible to which office you will be based.
If you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV and a 300 word statement of why you’re the right candidate for the role to [email protected]
Applications close at 17.00 on Monday 24th July 2017.
Interviews will take place in London on Tuesday 8th August and in Leeds on Thursday 10th August 2017. (We can offer flexibility to accommodate clashes with holiday bookings!)