lisaneighbour 05/03/17
Last reply 11 months ago
Wrong decision??? Yikes

Hi
I was diagnosed in May 2016, with RRMS. My current employers were amazing, very supportive and wanted to keep me. I tried to stay, made changes but didn’t feel it suited anymore. My fatigue levels were a major issue! What did I do?
Got a new job where I could manage my own diary, in the community. I hear you saying ” that sounds great” But…..
I don’t know if it’s due to the new role, learning new skills, policies and procedures but I find myself scared, anxious, not sleeping well! I’m constantly worrying about all aspects of my new role, including worrying I’ve made a mistake, worrying I’m not pulling my weight, worrying I’ll forget something!
Sorry for ranting but it helps to let it all out and put virtual pen to paper.
Starting to wonder if I’ve rushed into things. My MS symptoms are learking around every corner!
Any advice, words of wisdom gratefully recieved.
🤔

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
11 months ago

You would of course be worried and nervous if you were starting any new job…. without the MS! Especially as it sounds as though there is no-one around to compare notes with or get reassurance. You relied on your gut feeling that the previous job was going to cause you problems and there’s surely no reason to doubt that instinct. You left BEFORE problems got too big and that has to be a plus. Any reference you get in the future from that employer will reflect that. You sound very clear about what your new issues are: policies, procedures, diary commitments. Perhaps it’s time to have a hard look at how you’re approaching each of these. Do you have a folder with each of the policies filed, for example, so that you can quickly access them? How do you use your diary? Is it easy to see ahead, week by week, month by month? Would a wall planner help? Where at home do you manage work things? Could this space be more user-friendly? And hand in hand with this possible reorganising maybe it’s the time to see the GP and get meds for anxiety. They needn’t be long-term (although mine are!) but they would see you through this transition.xx

lisaneighbour
11 months ago

Thank you for the advice 😊 Much appreciated.
Hoping I will sleep tonight ready for a busy Monday morning.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.