Last reply 6 months ago
Working

Hi.
I know I’ve posted before but just have a question. Is there anyone else out there that’s had to give up work? I have. Hopefully though it’s only temporary. What do you do with your time? I’m struggling to find things to do. Any idea or suggestions or just say what you do.

Thanks

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

daniy
6 months ago

Yes I’ve had to give up work as the pain is very bad, BUT I cannot afford to not work so I do 10hrs. That’s it. I guess it something. When u r a single mum with 3 kids you have to. 😥

bumhug
6 months ago

Yeah. Not a single mum but know what you mean. I’ve gone for ages with I’m out of work and I need to find a job. It’s mental having to stop and change the way I’ve always done things. I had to stop work because of ms symptoms. Fatigue, brain fog and confusion and severe dizziness. It’s pants.

stumbler
6 months ago

@bumhug , we do need to find a balance between having too much to do and having too much time available.

You’re still recovering from your recent Lemtrada treatment, so you need to be following a sedentary lifestyle, although it’s important to also include some gentle exercise, to reactivate those muscles affected by the MS.

I would have hoped that you would have had some advice from a physiotherapist in respect of an appropriate exercise routine. If not, talk to your MS Nurse about it.

You should also have a high water intake, up to 3 litres a day, to flush out the Lemtrada and bad cells from your system.

Otherwise, read, research, play mentally challenging games. The interweb is a great resource for these things.

Get out into the countryside, if you can arrange this, and just watch Mother Nature at work. It can be quite therapeutic.

Don’t switch the TV on. Daytime TV will drive you insane. 😉

So, just some ideas to find a healthy balance.

edmontonalberta
6 months ago

@bumhug

Valid question. The answer varies for everyone; depending upon what makes us happy & fulfilled.

I can still drive so visit friends often. I love wildlife so watch Safari Live on the internet nightly. Love Slo-Pitch so am involved in helping organize the upcoming season. Games have always been part of my life so play Bridge once a week with my sister & others. When things get worse I plan to get back into fishing – I did that daily as a child; love the peacefulness of sitting on a riverbank.

The question you need to ask yourself – what makes you happy?

Gord

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.