Last reply 1 year ago
Wish me luck!!

I’ve got a driving assessment today,
I stopped driving just over a year ago, after a bout of ON when I went totally blind in one eye & fuzzy in the other, some of the sight returned but left my vision still impared, I’ve had the eye tests & one eye passed the driving test (which is all you need apparently)
However I lost my bottle for driving, so I organised a driving instructor to take me out on an hours mock test later today.
I used to be a proffessional driver & I’m pooping myself a bit – wish me luck I may need it

TTFN

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Dear tog1. all the best, you can do it, wishing you the best of luck. J

stumbler
1 year ago

@tog1 , of course we wish you luck. Independence is so important to us.

Just take it easy and take care. I dare say that the standard of driving has probably decreased over the last couple of years. Too many cars, with too many people, trying to get to too many places, too damned quickly! 😉

tracyd
1 year ago

@tog1
Best of luck xxx

Anonymous
1 year ago

Well I passed! 🙂 instructor said he could tell I was an old pro’
I accept I’m not the proffessional driver I was but he’s convinced me I’m safe & still an above average driver with excellent skills for spotting potencial hazards, I drive a littlem ore cautious but was comfortable in the end.

very nervous to start off but the way I set it up was spot on,

picked an instructor & a car with an automatic gear box & dual controls
this meant I didn’t have to get used to a strange car’s clutch as well so concentrated on pointing the thing forward, dual controls gave me the confidence if I missed something he’s stop the car,

I did two hours from late lunch to school kicking out time, so it started off quiet & was busy at the end,
he sent me to an area I didn’t know so I had to look at signs & road markings, we went around one way roads with lots happening & dual carriageway even filled up at a supermarket petrol station,
the ordeal was tiring but he’s sure if I drive more & relax the fatigue will subside
but above all I’m mobile again after a year & a bit 😀

stumbler
1 year ago

Great news, @tog1 . 🙂

spunky
1 year ago

Awesome!

red-suzuki
1 year ago

wahey………..you star….fantastic news…..:-)

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.