Last reply 2 weeks ago
Winter Thermals

Winter has finally arrived and my feet and lower legs are like ice.
Anybody recommend a way of keeping them warm. Thermal socks and legging are one option.
A Japanese friend says she can get me a battery powered set of leggings. These will keep your legs, feet and hips warm.
What is the best material they use for making thermal clothing.
Thank you all

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 weeks ago

@negimaru , are your legs/feet physically cold or is your brain just telling you that they’re cold?

If it’s the former, you may want to have a chat with your GP/Doctor, to eliminate other causes.

meg_kingston
3 weeks ago

As above, if it’s excessive, see your doctor.

A weird answer – have tried tights under trousers? Surprisingly good insulation.

negimaru
3 weeks ago

My legs are cold to the touch as are my feet. Just looking for something I can wear beneath my trousers to keep everything warmish. My muscles around my ankles and calfs work better if the are kept warm.

highlander
3 weeks ago

Hi @negimaru
I’m ex army and as
@meg_kingston tights are fantastic at keeping you warm.
I still use them to this day! But only when it’s cold of course.
Keep smiling.

robb
2 weeks ago

My feet and ankles are are like ice to when I’m at home I use the heated foot box which was £30 from Amazon, I also have a heated throw over blanket which works wonders for my cold legs and feet. I have done some research and you can also get battery heated trousers but they were quite expensive – £120. I am still thinking about that! At the moment when I go out Its Long johns and legwarmers.

cameron
2 weeks ago

Heat Holders socks. They’re too thick to wear as anything but bedsocks or under boots but are incredibly cosy. The lining is thick and very soft.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.