Last reply 2 months ago
Who has MS guidelines sent to the gp

Hi

My question is about when you have a relapse who goes to the local gp or the ms nurses which is quite a distance away ?

I know someone mentioned on here guidelines on what steroid dosage to take etc are sent to the gp! Who has a neurologist that has sent guidelines to gp?

Why so some do and don’t ? I don’t understand ?

Thanks

Rachael x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@rachaellouise , there are lot of things not to understand.

Try not to look at other’s situations, just concentrate on how things work for you.

To answer your primary question, if you feel you are relapsing, then contact your MS Nurse by phone/email. They should be your first point of contact for all things MS.

rachaellouise
2 months ago

@stumbler – I am looking at my situation and that is what I want guidelines sent to the gp

stumbler
2 months ago

@rachaellouise , just as no two people with MS are affected the same, no two neuros will work the same.

Personally, I don’t think GPs should be prescribing High Dosage Steroids. There are other things to be considered before issuing a script and Neuros are best placed to do this.

rachaellouise
2 months ago

@stumbler – I’m looking to find the neurologists that are on the same page / wavelength as me on this subject .
That’s why I’ve posted to ask about who these neurologists are and where ! I’m looking for one ..

The thing is if the situation is people get visited At home by ms nurses – that doesn’t apply to me or live round the corner from the hospital then great ! But some of us don’t and it’s a lot of wasted time . And got a lot on ! Also it’s not great when your feeling shit after a relapse . Things could be better Set up and local gp could do it , people trained and placed their and a more caring and helpful approach for all patients. We should come first !
They have these huge old buildings at the hospital for ms for what? When I’ve been there’s hardly anyone their using it ? Talk about cost saving no brainer! Maintenance and upkeep ! It’s silly ! Not to mention running costs and wages !

Steroids can be taken upto 3x per year.
– it’s a bit different if your case is aggressive and relapsing all the time or severe relapse but then they’d probably hospitalise you

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.