Last reply 3 years ago
When to apply for PIP?

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you can offer your opinion. I have been diagnosed with MS for about 10 weeks now and I wondered when others have applied for PIP? I have applied for a blue badge and it has been accepted but do I wait for it to get worse to apply for PIP?
I have had two relapses and use a walking stick some days as my second realpse has affected my leg.
x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@chloeautumnx , a diagnosis of MS does not justify a claim for PIP alone. It’s all about the impact that MS has caused and how it is affecting your living.

Having said that, it is always wise to consider applying when you’re in remission. It doesn’t bear thinking about PIP forms and assessments when you’re in the grips of a relapse!

Preparation and the right assistance are key when navigating the PIP procedure. Application forms need to be completed objectively, which can sometimes be difficult for us – we don’t like to admit the true impact of MS.

So, consult the Citizen’s Advice Bureaux or a local MS Centre for advice and assistance with this process.

The following website, http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ , provides a wealth of information, but it’s subject to a negligible subscription.

Just don’t try and apply for PIP alone. 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.