Last reply 3 years ago
Whats your way of dealing with brain fog

I have just noticed that when I am on my own and have just forgotten what I was about to do, instead of freaking out and making it worse, like i do when I am around people….. I just sit, look up to the sky and calmly say ‘Um, um, um’!!
And then I realise what I was going to do! Happy days!

You guys got any quirks or tips to get through it?

😀 xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

cleofitz
3 years ago

I’m newly diagnosed and brain fog is one of my big issues, so any tips gratefully received…..

lorag
3 years ago

Yeah I get that just yesterday was on my way out door then stopped thinking forgot my crutch but on my way to get my crutch realised I was using one of crutches already (on my arm), that’s just crazy. I didn’t admit it to my boyfriend when he asked what’s wrong. Gotta laugh

uka17
3 years ago

I’m just trying to concentrate my mind on smth, stay focused. Physical exercises (I prefer yoga) are also can be quite helpful. It will help you to improve body and mind control anyway.

tabbycat
3 years ago

The most useful thing I ever bought was a really strong retractable wire that I attached my keys to my bag with. Loosing keys and time trying to find them, was driving me crazy and this simple tip stopped it entirely. I never unclip them and I never change bag, so there is no chance of confusion – not very fashionable, but stops me thinking I am going crazy all the time!

hunterdog
3 years ago

Before dx I always wrote things in my day timer, so it was a good habit. Now I write down everything; diet, mood, upcoming appointments etc.!

aussiekylie
3 years ago

I agree with @hunterdog, I write lists in my phone because I always have my phone with me so I don’t forget what piece of paper I wrote it on.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.