staceejones 10/03/17
Last reply 1 year ago
what's the easiest way to get diagnosed

I THINK I’ve had ms for close to 20 years but only now am i finding out that all my weird conditions that came and went were all symptoms of ms. I live in TX and don’t have health care. I’m having major vision problems now. If i go to an optometrist and they see optical neuritis, is that pretty much a dead ringer for ms? Especially since have all the other symptoms? I mean, not SOME of the symptoms listed on the official MS org website, but every single one of them.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @staceejones and welcome.

The symptoms of MS can present in other conditions too, so it would be very presumptive to self-diagnose based on what an Optometrist can see.

Whilst your clinical history would assist in obtaining a diagnosis, an MRI scan and possibly a Lumber Puncture is required to obtain a diagnosis of MS. And this is the province of a Neurologist.

potter
1 year ago

I’m afraid there is no easy or cheap way for a MS diagnoses. There are many MSers that don’t take a treatment and follow the Wahl diet, fresh pineapple is also good for reducing inflammation in the body. There is also research being done on Biotin and it’s effects on vision. You might want to do some research on that subject. I take Tecfidera but also take a bunch of vitamins that might help, I want to attack my MS from all sides. The National MS sites on the internet have a list of vitamins that could be helpful for people with MS. Potter

californiadreamin
1 year ago

It’s encouraging if you have ms for 20 years and only now thinking it might be ms. Hopefully your symptoms have come and gone from time to time. We follow the oms diet and vitamin d is super cheap. So while you try to sort it all out consider a few safe and inexpensive things that could help.

Try contacting the ms society for options since you don’t have health insurance.

koffeelover
1 year ago

First thing would be to visit a neurologist, and then to have an MRI scan.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.