brownk 21/01/15
Last reply 3 years ago
What's next?

Hi
I am still waiting for official diagnosis but have had the results of a lp which showed obli bands and have seen a spinal mri which showed lesions at T & C on my spine and at the base of my neck….waiting to see neuro 10th Feb and I’m frightened. Have a got rrms? I’m so worried how would it not be that and be ppms?
…I know the 10th Feb not that long really but I had my lp and brain scan before Xmas and just wanna know something.
If I get offered treatment will that help with symptoms as well as slowing relapses?
☺ sorry for the questions and jumble but I know this site let’s me ask away ☺xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Take a very deep breath. Your doctor will be able to answer most of your questions depending on the dx, but you will still have lots more and this site is really good at sharing experiences. I was diagnosed two years ago and I thought it was the end of the world. I was happily wrong, very little has changed for me and the biggest challenge was facing my fears. It is a roller coaster. Welcome to the ride!

brownk
3 years ago

@tabbycat thank you..are you now on medication?xx

cameron
3 years ago

You should definitely be offered treatment – if not, ask why. The MS drugs are intended to control/stop the inflammatory process – they’re not a quick fix or a remedy for symptoms. There are other drugs which will help with (e.g.) bladder problems or nerve pain but your main therapy, the DMD, aims to keep the MS at bay. In other words, it should enable you to live in much the same way as pre-diagnosis. The business of getting on treatment can be fairly lengthy: sometimes people change from one drug to another and no-one can predict which will suit you best. The good thing, though, is that once you’re on drug therapy, you attend nurse-led clinics in addition to your neuro appointments. Having this close contact with the MS team is very helpful: you get to discuss the ins and outs of your symptoms and will be referred to other clinics (e.g. physio)if there’s a need. At the moment, you’re quite alone – but not long before you get the support of your MS team! xx

brownk
3 years ago

@cameron thank you your right I just need my appointment on 10th Feb to kick things off ☺xx

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hi , I am gylinea and it suits me . When you get your dx if it is positive get on a medication .mThe first one may not suit, but don’t give up there are lots to try from and you can’t fight this with just vitamin pills . Good luck

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.