Last reply 1 year ago
What next?

I have finished Tecfidera due to more infections and intifering with work. I have been on Copaxone, Rebif, gilenya and Techfidera. Running out of options now

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

Jcv positive or negative?

merfield
1 year ago

Hi @danrb80 I’m PPMS so no treatment – yet! But on tonight’s NEWS Beeb1 there was talk of anti-inflamatories helping ms – stopping inflammation of the brain….if I heard right then that might be worth a try.
Seems there’s a lot of original thought about treatment at the moment……fingers crossed. Maybe you could try catchup news at ten..

mmhhpp
1 year ago

I don’t know….maybe lemtrada….can i ask why you stopped gilenya?….xx

danrb80
1 year ago

I stopped gilenya as I was like a zombie, which does work with my full time job 😞

I am unsure about Jc pos or neg as never had to be tested 😢

Just stuck on no meds so watch this space

grahamjk
1 year ago

Hi @danrb80 what about tysabri, the only problem would be the JCV test first and then having to go to hospital every four weeks as its infusion only.

danrb80
1 year ago

Hi unfortunately I cannot get Tysarbi as I have to have another relapse to get it. I want it as it would fit well with work, but alas I cannot have it😞

stumbler
1 year ago

@danrb80 , it seems that the only reason you can’t be considered for Tysabri is a conservative Neuro, who is a stickler for procedure.

You need to argue your corner on this one. Waiting for another relapse could be the relapse which starts a disability, which prevents you from working.

Unless there is a valid medical reason which precludes the consideration of Tysabri, you need to be assertive in your demands, but always polite.

seajack
1 year ago

Zinbryta I’m starting on this in few weeks time . In the same position as yourself

danrb80
1 year ago

Ooh I have not heard of that one.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.