nutshell88 18/04/18
Last reply 3 months ago
Weird mouth sensation!

Hi all
Long time no see I know I hope you’re keeping on well

Well I just got up and while washing my mouth I felt like cuts in my inner left cheek!
It was sudden and specialy when I fell my mouth with water it doesnt like it. It felt like there was a wound in the side of my cheek, top of it and wisdom tooth part of the gum.

I hope I used the right way
Anyway as usual I searched right away
And found this answer

“Each of those nerves has three branches, which is why it’s called the trigeminal nerve. Symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia range from a constant ache to a sudden intense stabbing pain in the jaw or face. Pain can be triggered by something as simple as washing your face, brushing your teeth, or talk” .

Would this relapse/symptom have any complication in the look of my face? Would the pain progress and is it easy to get it healed

Of course these question for people who experienced this symptom 😉 or read about it before

Thank you in advance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 months ago

@nutshell88 , you do have to discount the obvious toothache first.

An exposed nerve on a tooth can give a lot of pain, which may be indeterminate in specific location.

Are you able to get the view of a dentist, before you assume that it’s Trigeminal Neuralgia (TN)?

There’s some detail of TN here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/trigeminal-neuralgia

nutshell88
3 months ago

You might be right @stumbler
I’ve had so much sweets yesterday.
But the sensation is mainly on the inner cheek.
Feels as wounded lines in it but not so horrible
Last time I did MRI was year before last year and they said Carnial nerve is fine.

I hope its just a toothache like you said.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.