lina 04/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Warm clothing

What does everyone wear to keep warm especially outside. If I wear thick cords legs still cold. Are thermals a good idea

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

I popped out today to an HBOT (oxygen) session, followed by a Pilates class. I was wearing shorts.

It was 4° – that was warm enough! lol 😆

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler that sounds good think the nearest one to me is the Trafford Park might into it in the holidays not being sent out to do playground duties least I can stay in the warmth in school.

Lina

jonesbear
3 years ago

It has to be thermal top and long johns and a hat like the Russians wear tried and tested,can’t be beaten.

lina
3 years ago

Hubby has russian hat but he has a bigger head than bought it when he was in russian a few years ago on business

lady-caroline
3 years ago

Marks and Spencers has a great range of thermal stuff and long sleeve tops. I have loads of them I like the long sleeve tops to wear in bed as well as under my day to day clothes. They are very thin but really keep the heat in.

I’m finding it heard to stay warm these days too. lots of thin layers works well for me. leggings or tights under jeans, cashmere socks ( totally worth spending the bit extra dosh on) and these thermal tops and i stay pretty cosy. 🙂

hope you are well.

tabbycat
3 years ago

A pair of tights under trousers helps. The trick is lots of layers, not thick things, because the layers trap heat.
The worse thing to wear are tight leggins, or anything tight without a loose layer on top, beause there is no space for that nice warm air layer. Forget looking thin, look warm and enjoy the winter:)

cazzzzzy
3 years ago

Hi @lina … Yes loads of layers here with me … Tights under jeans and yesterday I had 3 tops on under 2 jumpers … Also a pretty thick coat … I still feel cold, I really feel the cold and not very brave in the cold (unlike @stumbler ! (!?!?!) – 😯 lol Crazy/Brave 🙂 )

I think also being on my scooter and not walking doesn’t help so lots of wrapping up helps…

Hope you find a way that helps you feel warmer in these freeeeeeeezing conditions 🙂

xxx

reddivine
3 years ago

Layers is the thing! I too bought long sleeve tops, from ASDA the other year. Heating was off for 5 days recently so I was living in em. Scarves, hats, gloves…I wear waterproof trusers over my trousers when in wheelchair (even if its dry) cuz its another layer and boy, does it get chilly when yr sitting waiting for a bus.
I’ve done the thick tights under trousers trick too!
As for stumbler….SHORTS!!!!??? in Brighton? in December? are you mad???

banksider
3 years ago

Hi Lina

Yes, as many have said, thermal tops and long johns and lots of layers. I splashed out on some Rohan layers and jacket this year and was really surprised how warm they were. (But expensive). Had them on today with thermals and was plenty warm enough. But, think I’m going to get myself a balaclava to cut the biting wind from those parts of my face that seem to get left exposed with normal hats and scarf.

lina
3 years ago

Hi everyone just sent off for some thermal fleeces from Sports direct our local one just had big sizes also notice in the paper they are advertising skins for £3.99 so will probably see if they have any.

Lina

thecuriosity
3 years ago

Been wearing wool mix denim, and that with just socks is fine for me, otherwise I love a good pair of leggings or long johns. Especially in a bright colour. 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.