Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
2 months ago

@harj hi, I use a mobility scooter, but the city I live in still has loads of cobbled areas (dating back 100-150 years) and the scooter doesn’t like it either, bumps like mad over them, can’t imagine what it’s like being on your feet and trying! Can only suggest you try a walker or a tripod stick if you’re still at that stage. Readily available from any hospital/disabled store🥊😜

grandma
2 months ago

@harj I just had a thought, you shouldn’t have any problems at any airport, just ask for help, you can usually book a wheelchair/electric buggy ride when you book your ticket, shouldn’t cost you anything🥊😜

stumbler
2 months ago

@harj , here’s an article about being a disabled traveller in Rome. It highlights a lot of the problems but doesn’t seem to offer many solutions :-

https://www.sagetraveling.com/Getting-around-Rome-with-a-Disability

Would it be possible to hire a wheelchair, or a mobility scooter, with pneumatic tyres?

bernadette
2 months ago

[email protected] sorry i can’t offer any suggestions, just sympathy for enduring Rome airport;it is particularly awful as airports go AND I had my first relapse there July 2016!!
My experience from a number of places in Italy is that they are less disabled friendly than many other European countries. Shame as it is has so much to offer.
hope you find a solution

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.