Last reply 1 year ago
Walking problems

Hi everyone,
I was newly diagnosed with Ms at the end of November.
I am seeing the Ms nurse for a second appointment next week. I am currently taking pregabalin for head pain and nerve.
I am experiencing walking problems, my right leg does not want to work properly and I am seem to walking like a drunk and dragging my right along. Also I lost my balance and fallen backwards, luckily on the sofa but I have been very wobbly all day. And finally I getting tight chest pains coming and going underneath my neck and collar bone. Is this all part of MS? Do I wait for my appointment next Thursday or do I phone the ms nurse or my doctor. I am unsure what to do and don’t want to pester people. This is new to me and I don’t know what to do.
Thanks for listening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@diamondrebel , it’s a tough time coming to terms with what this diagnosis means and what is and isn’t involved. This causes stress and the stress makes it all worse. It’s a vicious circle.

The MS Nurse will explain how they will work with you to answer all your questions.

The Pregabalin will address your neuropathic pain.

It does sound like you may be suffering from “drop foot”, which is causing the walking and balance issues, https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/foot-drop . A referral to a neuro-physio would seem to be required for an assessment, so make sure this is discussed with the MS Nurse.

The tightness around your chest may be the “MS Hug”, https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/ms-hug .

So, a couple of things for you to discuss with your MS Nurse……

Unfortunately I don’t have much advice for you because I also am newly diagnosed (early December) but my ms nurse said if I ever had any issues between appointments to call right away.. don’t ever feel like your being a pest.. it’s part of what their there for 🙂

spunky
1 year ago

I suggest erring on the side of caution and calling the MS nurse. It doesn’t sound as though you hav anything to lose and they may be able to ease your concern or suggest something to improve your symptoms. You can also find out if they have a Relapse Hotline like my clinic does.
Best wishes,
spunky

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.