Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
3 months ago

Hi Emmanuel, yes, especially this last year when things have started to get really bad. Bought a mobility scooter a year ago, NHS have given me an electric wheelchair ( which I can’t get out of the house till Mr council build me a ramp which I have been waiting for for 14 months!) I have 3 walkers, 2 inside and 1 out but even with them I can,t go very far but mobiliy scooter means I can even do my own shopping😍

paulmorrison
3 months ago

Hi Emma, yes I struggle with walking any distance, but I force my self to go out and walk everyday. If I feel good I try to walk for longer.
Keep the faith.
Paul x

tracyd
3 months ago

@emman84

You will find that for this lovely symptom that the majority of us will say yes to a varying degree.

Keeping fit, keeping mobile and staying active has been great at keeping on top of it for me though

wjgregg
3 months ago

Dear @emman84,

Like almost everyone else on here, I struggle with fatigue. After I have got up, and got my daughter off to school, I go back to bed and fall asleep (the fact that I very rarely manage an uninterrupted night due to having to get up to go to the loo doesn’t help…). Like Paul, I try to get outside every day (Lancashire rain permitting). It stops me going mad being cooped up in the house all day. Keeping as fit and mobile as possible is very important, but don’t forget to keep mentally fit as well. Do try to keep your brain occupied too. I have rediscovered the joy of reading, something I didn’t really have time for before this awful disease meant I had to give up a demanding full-time career, which I loved. You will be able to find plenty to do.

Life is not over, by a long stretch. Pace yourself, and enjoy.

Best wishes,

Jon

caseyxo
3 months ago

Yes, I managed a walk yesterday and an hour drive. Paying the price today, my lovely burning nerve pain is back in my feet!

Will keep pushing through!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.