motorsportpete 11/12/17
Last reply 7 months ago
Walking

Just wondering if anybody else has difficulty walking as I’ve notice recently that when I’m walking my right knee seems to give way. It happens when I put pressure on my right leg and my knee can’t take it and I stumble to one side

I do struggle with walking as my balance is not great and I can’t really walk in a straight line but this new problem just happens randomly even happens if I’m if carrying nothing. I manage to stop myself falling over but if I’ve got anything in my hand I usually drop that

I’m struggling with my MS right now and I don’t need any more problems to add to the long list

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

@motorsportpete , I know that feeling when your knee suddenly gives way. You tend to lose confidence in its ability!

You just have to give it some light exercise. There’s some suggestions here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/lifestyle/exercises-people-ms

nutshell88
7 months ago

I guess most of us e
Xperienced this or probably will in one point
I had it when I was in Scotland took 500ml steroids felt slightly better time fixed it
It happened over 4 timesin Scotland but it never lasted long and my neuro didnt continue giving me steroids she said i had enough already since daignose
Rest is the best thing you can do
I
Was w
Orking in scotland 9 to 9 suddenly without noticing my legs vanished and my knees were stuck to my feet i asked for help they took me to a seat and 5 mins i stood up normal
Worst thing is panicking and stre
ssing you scared neve give it a break lay down most of ur day you’ll see wonders in maximum 20 days time if u r RRMS x

hmcampos
7 months ago

Hello @motorsportpete.

Indeed most of us have either that or another leg weakness linked to MS. Stretching and yoga can be very helpful for what you are feeling!

Super link sent by @stembler, give it a try.

H

Anonymous
7 months ago

Hi @motorsportpete I do have difficulty walking, I’m
A long time ‘gone’ though as I was diagnosed in 2000. Gentle exercise & to keep moving really is the best thing you can do. Something I did a few years ago was Pilates (this was suggested by my MS nurse), &
I found it really helpful – I didn’t do a group class though as my ego got in the way 😌

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.