Last reply 1 year ago
Waiting for godot

Hello I am new here haven’t revived diagnosis yet as I am waiting for appointment with neurologist)godot) I have been waiting for a year when symptoms started with head tremor numbness in left arm headaches and funny eye pain my Mir showed lesions in brain but not on spine I’ve been told i have to wait another 9 months to see neurologist all symptoms have gone now but I’m scared of not knowing this is irish health service at its best any advice welcome thank you

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @coletteheaney and welcome.

You should be grateful that you’ve recovered from all the symptoms. If a diagnosis of MS is being considered, then the McDonald criteria (https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/mcdonald-criteria) has to be met. So, it could be that you’ve been considered to have had an isolated neurological event.

Consider these events to be a warning to you and concentrate on leading a healthy lifestyle, avoiding stress. You may be able to avoid having a further neurological event or postpone it for many years.

I know, trying to avoid stress with this hanging over you! But seriously, anybody could find their life turned upside down by a serious medical condition at anytime. So, don’t worry too much about the future, live for the day, moderately.

Anonymous
1 year ago

Great advice @stumbler.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.