Last reply 4 months ago
Vitamin D & Cod Liver Oil

I’m currently taking a 3,000 iu vitamin D spray from Holland and Barrett (UK). I wondered what brands you are using and where from? I am trying to find one that is between 3,000 – 5,000 iu that other people are using. Also, have you noticed a difference in increasing your dose?

Also, is there a particular cod liver oil/omega 3 tablet/liquid that you are taking that is high in DHA?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lmagnan
5 months ago

delux 3000 🙂

stephz
5 months ago

@gp14 I use 5000 IU tablets from bulkpowders – they do have good offers on other supplements and special deals every now & then – I get my turmeric powder and B12 from there as well.

https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/vitamin-d3-tablets-5000iu.html?view=ppc&pid=2821&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoPzXoL_52gIVzr3tCh00xAqPEAQYASABEgL-qfD_BwE

vivien
5 months ago

I get my 10,000 iu bit d3 online from piping rock. Com and, although it took a few weeks to arrive, they were so inexpensive that my gp took note of where I got them from. I’ve been taking them since February in conjunction with the Tecfidera so early days yet to define any effects.

gp14
5 months ago

Thank you everyone – I currently use the delux 3000 spray so glad to see you are using it @Imagnan.

@stephz and @vivien – I will have a look at both websites :). Do you take the B12 to combat fatigue?

vivien
5 months ago

I’m newly diagnosed in December, so open to suggestions about other supplements.
@stephz why do you take b12 and turmeric? I’ve only heard about the high dose vitamin d3 10000 iu?
I would appreciate your advice and insights, too?
Many thanks,
Vivien

stephz
5 months ago

@vivien I take B12 for overall brain health – I’m not sure where I read that’s good if I find it I will share the info here. Turmeric is a high effective anti-inflammatory since Tecfidera reduces the immune system I use it as a back up to prevent infections – I mix a spoon into a cup of hot water with lemon & honey. I also take Q10 enzyme and inulin and starflower oil…

I usually look for research papers (via google scholar & Unpaywall) and some recommendations are from blogs and Twitter…

gp14
4 months ago

@stephz thanks for the bulk powders recommendation, I have ordered mine now. I also take B12 now for overall brain health and for fatigue Vivien

stephz
4 months ago

Hi @gp14 No worries – I just had my 2nd order from them…I also got coconut flakes and dried cranberries from them to use in my porridge

My physio highly recommended turmeric as well – I found this nice “tea” recipe https://wellnessmama.com/223/turmeric-tea/ or iced lemonade https://wellnessmama.com/122922/iced-turmeric-lemonade/

Steph

cammo
4 months ago

@gp14 I take “OsteVit-D Once a week” but I take it daily to get 7000iu per day.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.