Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

rivka
2 months ago

My neurologist told me to take it, 2000 IU daily. No change in my symptoms of MS. I pushed it to 10,000 IU for several months and sadly, no change. Like everything else in this fun disease, some people seem to get amazing results form it, others, like me, nada. Hope that helps, @merfield.

stumbler
2 months ago

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@werfield

I had several Blood Tests during my Diagnosis and the results showed that my Vitamin D levels were extremely low at 14, the average is 50.

My GP prescribed me with invita D3, taking 1 a day.

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@merfield not werfield, sorry.

merfield
2 months ago

A big thank you to @stumbler – excellent link, @rivka, @peterfrancis….. all v helpful….a friend MSer takes 4000iu daily recommended by her neuro…..xx werfield😉

potter
2 months ago

I take 5,000iu daily my neuro prescribed 6,000 because of my low levels. There is so many other supplements that contain Vit D I cut back to 5000iu. I am 66 and too much Vit D can cause brittle bones in older people. Potter

glawsdan
2 months ago

Hi @merfield

Who: Neurologist
How much(I have decided): 1000iu a day in winter/spring/autumn 500iu a day in summer
How often: tablet taken with breakfast everyday
Has it helped: can’t tell

All the best

Dan

merfield
2 months ago

@glawsdan, thanks for answering….. I’m definitely going to try it….. probably 2000iu if H& B will cooperate.xx

merfield
2 months ago

@potter, I’m nearing 80 so I’ll go easy. Deffo don’t need or want brittle bones !!xx

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

I take a tiny solution of it once a month as my gp recommended n prescribed it as my level was low. A lot better now tho. InVit D3 25,000 units

leogirl
2 months ago

@merfield

2000 IU a day for the last four years. Neurologist recommended it as levels were very low. Levels came up very quickly but I didn’t notice any difference. Hope it works for you. X

merfield
2 months ago

@rotherhamdave & @leogirl, thanks both for your input…. I haven’t checked my levels but from what I read they’re probably on the low side so vitD3 it is and I’ll start at 1000 and move on to2000- even if it does work I’m sure it’ll help.xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.