Last reply 2 weeks ago
Visualization or self hypnosis?

Has anyone tried some sort of guided visualization or hypnosis? As I sit here knowing that my feet are really not on fire more do they have needles being inserted in them hourly, yet I feel it, I wonder. I know the issue is in my brain or brain stem, yet I feel it in the feet. So it seems I should be able to convince myself that it’s not real. Am I crazy?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
2 weeks ago

@rivka , MS is enough to drive anyone crazy! But, we have to indulge ourselves and try these things. We’re all different so it might just work. You won’t know until you try………

rivka
2 weeks ago

Thanks, @stumbler, I knew I could count on you! It’s easy to live inside our heads too much trying to reason out this irrational disease. I’ll post if it helps at all.

cameron
2 weeks ago

I posted recently about reiki, which I found eliminated sensory symptoms for me on one occasion. It shouldn’t have! There is no logical reason, as far as I can judge. One person standing over you,waving their hands over your body…… ?? My theory is that the brain can be persuaded or re-directed from its faulty signalling if the stimulus is strong enough. Hence, a massage might ease symptoms, or equally a really enjoyable social experience or an academically stimulating task. If you can distance/detach yourself from your thoughts sufficiently, it might just work. Keep us posted. xK

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.