Last reply 10 months ago
Visual disturbance

Hi Everyone,
I am experiencing flashing zig zag lights in my vision and can’t see the left side of my vision when looking forward. I have no pain in my head or eye. Has anyone experienced similar?

Thanks
Sue.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lozza7766
10 months ago

Hi suewy

You need to go to the opticians or eye department in hospital very quickly if you’ve got any loss of vision and flashes of light! It can indicate a retinal tear. It may just be a visual headache though but either way you need to be seen asap.
I hope everything is ok!

lozza7766
10 months ago

Sorry, that meant to say a visual migrane (not headache) .

bernadette
10 months ago

i would suggest eye casualty as soon as you can, it isn’t trivial so don’t feel you have to struggle on through it. have someone help you to get there safely
wish you well

suewy
10 months ago

Thanks for the replies, I think it was just a visual migraine, it has cleared now.
Sue.x

mhworden
10 months ago

@suewy

Glad to hear it resolved:) Here’s a link on ocular migraines you may find interesting
http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

I get these quite frequently, 5 minute ramp up then last for 20. Always the left eye which is the side where I experience the majority of my ms symptoms… Hmmm.

Still a good idea to get this on record/consult with an optometrist.

suewy
10 months ago

Hi,

Thanks for the link. It seems to be what I had. I have had a headache all day today that is possibly related.
I have made an appointment at the opticians but the earliest they had is 2 weeks on Thursday!
Sue.x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.