Last reply 1 year ago
Vaccination triggers MS

Dear All,

Hope everyone is doing well..

l am flying to South Africa for a week to a high risk malaria zone soon and l was advised to get malaria injection… but need to know whether it triggers MS attack or not. I know that hepatitis B triggers the attack and l had one attack after the injection so l did not get the other 2 shots.

Where can l get this info about which injections are no no and which ones are okay under what conditions?(inactivated or activated)

Thanks for everyone

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@zulfihan , this is a question for your MS Nurse. Or, you could try the MS Society Helpline (0808 800 8000)

thecuriosity
1 year ago

your nurse will have a better idea of how you’ve dealt with this in the past and can advise on what you can and can’t take/handle.

My nurse has said in the past that the only vaccination that the NHS in england definitely say not to have is the yellow fever vaccine as this is an active vaccine, however individuals situations will be different.

i’ve not been aware of a malaria injection in the past though, my understanding is most anti-malarials are given in tablet form, which you start prior to going out on the trip and take until your return. also whatever you do bring loose long sleeved clothing and lots of bug spray.

zulfihan
1 year ago

Thank you very much to Stumbler and the curiosity.. l am still in Saudi not in London that is why l can not ask the nurse.. so l am relying on the info from you guys and the internet.

stumbler
1 year ago

@zulfihan , how about consulting http://saudims.sa/

zulfihan
1 year ago

Thank you stumbler l tried but could not communicate with them as l can not speak any arabic … asked the gp today will get the answer on Sunday.
thanks

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.