freddiems 24/01/13
Last reply 5 years ago
URGENT – Need Fixperts partners…

Do you have something you need fixed, at home or work – a small niggling problem that you always felt could have a small improvement?

Well this is Fixperts – and we are trying to help 3 find ‘Fixpartners’ in London – who could get involved next week.

Let us know in the comments below if you would like to get involved.

Introduction to Fixperts from Billo on Vimeo.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

reddivine
5 years ago

Well I can see there will be a queue of folks from shift that WANT a fixpert, but how to get one? And suppose you don’t live in London? No one mentioned the small matter of errrr cost.

freddiems
5 years ago

@reddivine that is what we are working on – currently there is a pilot project running in London at Kingston University, and we have three groups of final year students keen to get going this week, but hope to spread out to all of UK some time soon.

Oh and there is no cost we just need people to commit to being visited 3 times by some friendly designers who want to give something back – anyone out there interested please do let us know.

Thanks

F

jman
5 years ago

I like what your doing.. Much luck to the project:)

reddivine
5 years ago

Hell yeah there should be plenty of takers on here! Theres plenty of aids via Social Services and even firms on the wibbly, but like you tackle specific problems….
Me and Jman in touch with many more ppl with OTHER disabilites who may very well have an interest in this subject. I believe jman has cross posted so you may have someting there.

freddiems
5 years ago

That’s brillaint @reddivine and @jman

please could you email me [email protected] if you have any suggestions, I believe the students have a very short timescale to complete the project.

Thanks

Freddie

JustJones
5 years ago

@freddiems …. have you heard of Remap? http://www.remap.org.uk

what you are trying to do sounds a lot like a funkier, more fresh version of what they do…

and it’s only funkier and fresher because mostly Remap rely on retired engineers, OT’s and designers… they could do with fresh blood…

maybe you could do some partnership working?

freddiems
5 years ago

Hi @JustJones

sorry not to get back sooner – just checked out the link it looks very interesting – I will pass on to fixperts and see if they can link up.

Thanks

F

jman
5 years ago

I’ve just thought of something I’d find very handy!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.