oskar 15/01/17
Last reply 1 year ago
Unsure.

I recently transferred university studies from OU (sitting at home and working in my own time) to University of Nottingham (Timetabled and fairly intense).
I told myself that since I live about 2 miles from the uni, I’d be ok.
However I didn’t factor in the fact that I have MS. As a result my studies have, since October, been shoddy.
I did put myself on the ‘disability’ radar and they have been helpful, but now it’s exam and essay time and, although arrangements have been made for my exams, I have struggled to complete the essays.
What is particularly bothering me is that during the term I tried to make things as easy as possible but nonetheless I came home knackered and didn’t feel inclinrd to study.
Also, I didn’t get a note-taker until later in the term so the notes I took early on are brief and illegible.
Is it exploitative to wave the disability flag, blaming MS for my poor performance, and ask for clemency?

Oskar

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
1 year ago

You wave that flag mate

one thing I have learned is nobody without MS understands MS, you’ve been working really hard to achieve somethingdespite it, so if a bit of flag waving is going to level the playing field do it,

Don’t make my ten year mistake of trying to hide MS & become unhappy, MS uses you – you use MS back (oh & s*d what other non MS say / think, wave away

TTFN

stumbler
1 year ago

@oskar , we’ve been dealt a bum-hand, so you play it the best way you can. 😉

cameron
1 year ago

@oskar, you need to start behaving like an 18-year old! You can bet your bottom dollar that if a new teenage student had an issue, they wouldn’t hesitate in asking for – indeed DEMANDING AS THEIR ENTITLEMENT – any help going.

oskar
1 year ago

Thank you all for your encouragement. Flag waving I will do! 🙂

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.