Last reply 3 weeks ago
Universal Credit.

I have just watched the BBC Panorama programme about Universal Credit and I am now scared.
I have sorted out my PIP and ESA benefit and knowing the stress it causes I am not sure a want to apply for Universal Credit.
I need to find somewhere to live because I am struggling with the strength in my legs in my current abode. I need to keep my stress levels down, stress causes relapses, I just do not know what to do. Stay where I am and struggle or apply for Universal Credit and send my stress levels through the roof. My health is more important.
I am stuck between a rock and a very hard place.
Thanks for reading this.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@negimaru , yes, Universal Credit does seem like a benefit, designed to be non-achievable.

However, with the correct understanding of the application/assessment process and the correct level of preparation, you should be able to navigate this process with the minimum of stress.

Look at https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/ for in-depth guidance.

negimaru
1 month ago

Thank you.
You’re a star.

peterfrancis
1 month ago

@negimaru

Hi, I get PIP and Universal Credit which has ESA added on to it, apparently.

Benefits are nothing but a stress filled headache, made by design… Surely they were simpler once upon a time, right?.

grandma
1 month ago

@negimaru I understand if you are on ESA old PIP you don’t qualify for Universal Credit as the amount is included in the ESA. Can be wrong but if not you have no more problems but there are a few experts on this site who I have no doubt be in touch if I am wrong. Have a stress free weekend😍

grandma
1 month ago

P.s. @negimaru, only live in Stoke, about 1 hr away on train, am a landlady, let out rooms in my house, have a huge ramp at the front and a through lift to get upstairs (cos I don’t do stairs any more) so if you want a room…….😍

negimaru
3 weeks ago

As per advice from all my friend here… and to keep my stress levels down I have been advised to get a social worker. They should be able to sort most things out.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.