Last reply 1 year ago
Travelling after Lemtrada

First of all hope everyone is doing good, so I had Round 1 of Lemtrada at the beginning of February and due to this I cancelled my trip to Orlando as I was meant to go at the end of March and it just wasn’t worth the risk. Ever since I had round 1 I’ve had some highs and lows but nothing really unmanageable (no infections and symptoms don’t seem to have gotten worse) and right now I feel great and I’m starting to get use to taking it easy. Anyway next year I have the opportunity to go to New Orleans with some friends for a week at the beginning of April and with Lemtrada it is a 2 year treatment so I do need to get it done but it’ll only be for 3 days instead of 5 so my question is do you think I’ll be able to go? Obviously I’ll discuss it with my Doctor and I’ll still be taking it easy but I really wanna go and I think it’ll be a great way to celebrate finishing treatment, but I don’t know if it’ll be too risky.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

1 year ago

Hi there @marcyg921

Just something to bear in mind, I had Lem round 1 at the beginning of March 2016 so was due r2 March this year but although I had a good year with no issues and some symptom improvement I developed an infection just a few weeks before I was due back & so my r2 had to be delayed so I’m only just getting it this week. Just something to consider as a possibility when you’re trying to make long term plans.

Join to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.