Last reply 1 year ago
Travelling after Lemtrada

Hi,
First of all hope everyone is doing good, so I had Round 1 of Lemtrada at the beginning of February and due to this I cancelled my trip to Orlando as I was meant to go at the end of March and it just wasn’t worth the risk. Ever since I had round 1 I’ve had some highs and lows but nothing really unmanageable (no infections and symptoms don’t seem to have gotten worse) and right now I feel great and I’m starting to get use to taking it easy. Anyway next year I have the opportunity to go to New Orleans with some friends for a week at the beginning of April and with Lemtrada it is a 2 year treatment so I do need to get it done but it’ll only be for 3 days instead of 5 so my question is do you think I’ll be able to go? Obviously I’ll discuss it with my Doctor and I’ll still be taking it easy but I really wanna go and I think it’ll be a great way to celebrate finishing treatment, but I don’t know if it’ll be too risky.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

lilbird
1 year ago

Hi there @marcyg921

Just something to bear in mind, I had Lem round 1 at the beginning of March 2016 so was due r2 March this year but although I had a good year with no issues and some symptom improvement I developed an infection just a few weeks before I was due back & so my r2 had to be delayed so I’m only just getting it this week. Just something to consider as a possibility when you’re trying to make long term plans.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.