Last reply 5 months ago
totally not a good day

OMGOSH! Somedays I wonder why I even bother. Went back to the neuro today. Turns out that my referral was to check for presence of pituitary tumors ( I have a history of them) and headaches. So, guess what? For now that is all that neuro is concerned with. I am more than cool with her figuring out the right meds 16 that will help with the migraines, cluster headaches and headaches from the meniere’s disease that I have. More than cool. But, please, don’t make me have to wait another 12 years for any decisions to be made!!!! She told me today that we are going to deal with the headaches first. That she knows that the lesions are most likely not from high cholesterol or high blood pressure as both of these are controlled. Which leaves migraines and TIA’s as an alternate cause of lesions other than MS. So, once again, I have to play the “let’s do a bunch of testing and wait and see game”. I started with the symptoms in 2002. 16 years of waiting to be diagnosed. She wants to run more MRI’s in 6 months to check for more lesions. Did I mention that I had my last MRI back in 2010 in there were no lesions?? Seems ridiculous to make me wait 6 more months. Anyway, today is an absolutely crap-tastic day. Absolute pain….hurts to walk, sit…anything. I’m just getting so tired of all the bureaucratic red tape of our government determining what I need and don’t need. Sigh. Hope that all of you are having a better day….I know tomorrow will be better. At least in my mind. 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

grandma
5 months ago

I know what it’s like to have a crap day at the best of times but today a parcel arrived from my Tribunal, what a load of crap! I will go through the motions because
I want my mobility car back before next winter (no chance of going shopping in the snow in my NHS electric wheelchair) so to add insult to injury….. never mind the sun is shining and I have dried my washing outside, oh what joy😍

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.