Last reply 3 years ago
Topiramate

Been to docs got my perscription for Topiramate going to start taking it tonight to see how I go also it might make me look not with it as I have the review with school don’t want to go also another MRI scan Wednesday morning. Tomorrow someone coming to see me from the Rochdale brance of MS Society to give me more info about what they do fingers crossed at this end.

Lina

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

@lina, what are the instructions with the Topiramate, e.g. take one before bed, etc.?

If it’s not too specific, I’d be tempted to take it 12 hours before you’re due to get up tomorrow.

Is the meeting at the school at a better time for you?

Hopefully, your local MS Society will be able to provide some local support for you.

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler meeting at school is at 3.30pm neuro suggested I drop one 300mg Gabapentin for the next 2 weeks take 1 25mg topirament at night then after 2 weeks drop another 300mg Gabapentin for 2 weeks and up my topirament to 50mg then another 300mg 2 weeks after then up topirament to 75mg I’m only on 900mg Gabapentin but my sick note runs out on the 29th October so need to book another appointment with doc to see if I’m fit enough to go back hopefully will have results of MRI scan after a week so will know if anything needs to be done.

Yes I’m hoping I can get help from MS Society seeing them in the morning

Lina

stumbler
3 years ago

@lina, that sounds a good strategy to taper down the Gabapentin, whilst tapering up the Topiramate.

That 3:30 meeting at school won’t suit you, but I suppose the school is a bit busy before that time! 😕

lina
3 years ago

@stumbler it the council I know Tuesday evenings they always have staff meetings so its possible that’s the only time that the council can do will defer meds for a couple of days

Lina

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.