Last reply 6 years ago
To tell or not to tell?!

I need advice! I was diagnosed with MS about 3 years ago and have so far employed a ‘scatter gun’ approach to telling friends and family. It’s hard to know who to tell and when.

I think I now want to just tell everybody I know and work with. I’d rather be open about the condition and show a positive example to those who have misconceptions about MS.

Does anybody have any experience of doing this? I respect Jack Osbourne for being so open last week, although I know there was some backlash against him for it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

CaptainKristoff
6 years ago

I’m personally very open about it, though I don’t make a point of informing people, I just don’t shy away from mentioning it if the need arisies. I’ve told all my friends and family, the only people I possibly wouldn’t tell are people I only “sort of” know. Like if I bump into an old school friend for example, as what would normally be a 10min “hey how’s life” could get a little serious or weird when telling them about an incurable neurological disease!

I’ve had no real negative reactions though, except one guy in the gym, we were just having a casual chat and when he asked if I was on shifts as I was there early morning, when I told him no I’m not working at the min due to having MS he made his excuses and left! Ah well, not exactly lost any sleep over it!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.