Last reply 2 months ago
Tired vs Fatigue

Everything I’ve read talks about MS fatigue, and about how many have it. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the difference from tiredness. Yesterday I had a really good day, did a lot of getting around, even mowed the grass. Today I have been in and out of my recliner, took a nap, cant even seem to keep my eyes open. I go into work tonight at 5 and it’s only 10 am now, so I’m thinking I could be straight by tonight. Just wondered what the difference is.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

smack
2 months ago

MS fatigue is when you can hardly move around. I used to mow my yard with a push mower. Bought a sit down mower because of fatigue effects. I would finish mowing and limp back from shed and be spent for hours before recovery. Tiredness is just a feeling that overcomes you out of nowhere telling your body to rest. MS fatigue overcomes your body after overdoing it. Help?

stumbler
2 months ago

@laurianne25 , Fatigue is an all-encompassing tired, as if someone has removed your batteries :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/fatigue

laurianne25
2 months ago

@smack, @stumbler

Thank you, that helped a lot!

peterfrancis
2 months ago

@laurieanne25

I see MS Fatigue as being like, you can’t even bring yourself to even start thinking about doing something, let alone actually doing something.

wendyhills
2 months ago

@laurianne25 I think it feels like wading through mud anyway that’s how it is for me and even after resting doesn’t improve which tiredness would improve after resting hope this helps x

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.