Last reply 7 months ago
Tips and tricks

Just a question for every1, I suffer from really bad fatigue which I guess a lot of you guys do to, what are some things you have found helped with this

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

edmontonalberta
7 months ago

@tesh

Sleep, sleep & more sleep. It can be broken down to a full night plus catnaps during the day – but other than drugs (which I would not recommend), I have no ideas…

tesh
7 months ago

Thanks for commenting @edmontonalberta but in my case that’s not an option as I work full time and have an active 3 year old 🙁

chezy17
7 months ago

Try gentle exercise, I know it sounds crazy when you feel tired but it actually helps. Even if it’s getting out for some freshair, I sleep better when I’ve done some exercise 😊.
Your little one will run off some energy too, I have a very active 5 and 10 year old that love to have a good run around 😊.

stumbler
7 months ago

@tesh , fatigue is now a fact of life for MSers. There is little we can do about this, apart from manage it as best we can.

Have a read here for some ideas :-

https://support.mstrust.org.uk/file/living-with-fatigue.pdf

salvador
7 months ago

Hi @tesh

I’ve given this answer several times recently, but I’ve been following the OMS diet religiously for 6 weeks and it’s turned me from a knackered old man who sleeps ebery afternoon to a fully functioning human again. It’s very difficult to overstate the improvement. I’d give it a go if I were you, but I think it only really works if you truly commit. I tried several watered down versions to make it more convenient for my family, but they made very little difference.

Best of luck!

potter
7 months ago

If you can take a power nap on a break at work this will energize you, it is unbelievable. Your nap should be at least 5 minutes to 30 minutes long. Any longer you will be groggy and grumpy. I am always amazed the difference a 5 minute nap will make. Potter

noelie
7 months ago

@tesh as suggested above, rest, rest, rest. I also have a 3 year old (who is not sleeping and sick half the time) and was only working part time but struggled for more than a year then I went to my GP and got signed off for a couple of months. A month without working and I am a new person, I should have done it sooner but i don’t usually ask for sick leave. Unfortunately i really had let myself fall below functioning level re fatigue and no matter how many breaks i tried to take, i just couldn’t get back on my feet.

You’ve been recently diagnosed, it takes a lot to adjust, physically, mentally. Are you on treatment yet? I also follow the OMS program: meditation, low saturated fat diet, exercise, vitamins, and i’ve had treatment.

Look after yourself xxx

tesh
7 months ago

@noelie,
I feel for you have a bubs that’s sick and not sleeping that would be hard for sure I’m lucky my boy is a good sleeper,Yea I do agree with you it does take a lot the adjust and coming to terms with it all, I will defently look into this OMS programme I have started do some meditation and looking into yoga aswell, will be on treatment soon hopefully, thank you for commenting every1 so friendly and welcoming x

dramaqueen
7 months ago

I have taken amantadine for many years it doesn’t work for all , but i personally don’t feel washed out. Although im not so active these days.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.