Anonymous 15/12/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Time off work

Hi everyone, just thought I’d try and get some advice about time off work.
I’ve been told to rest for 2 weeks by my doctor and ms nurse and im due back later this week, however ms nurse has told me to rest for another 2.
The thing that bothers me is I think my employer is finding it hard to accommodate me in my role, they have already mentioned this and I am starting to worry about my job in the long term. I know I should rest and not stress but it’s hard not to.
My ms nurse has said there’s nothing they can do and im covered by the equality act but im still worried. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

naim
3 years ago

i think you should come to an agreement and accomodate each other.
i feel your job is your bread and butter at the end of the day.
you are definitley protected by the employment equity act of your country but you also need to
show some initiative with regard to work.
this will also help you regain confidence and keep your mind and cognitive skills working.
yes you need a break but you need to also live your life.
i think be honest with yourself with regards to your capabilities and then see if you cant meet your employer half way.
your career and life also depend on it. you just need to differentiate between healthy stress and unhealthy stress. dont push the boundaries until you 100 percent again. but dont get too comfy either.
#somethinglikethat:/

stumbler
3 years ago

Have a read of this publication to understand what you can and can’t expect :-

http://www.mstrust.org.uk/shop/product.jsp?prodid=246

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.