Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

judy-gy
4 years ago

You beat me to this. A friend recommended this to me before I got my diagnosis. Jx

tabbycat
4 years ago

Cucumin is the same thing and there is so much in the ms essential vitamin pills I take every day it turns my pee bright yellow and I feel pretty good all things considered, so I recon it works!

sunnydaylover
4 years ago

I will have to read this, I bought some turmeric root from our local spice shop. I use ground turmeric alot in cooking anyway, so thought I would try some fresh stuff…..I don’t find turmeric has any heat, so I cut a little bit off the root and ate it, well tried to, it nearly blew ma heed off! HOT HOT HOT! I didn’t expect this at all, so, how do you use yours? :0)

djdsouza
4 years ago

Have half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with my breakfast, so currently a tasty smoothie….. have had it before with fried eggs, french toast, porridge, so be adventurous with your cooking 😉

graham100
4 years ago

Are you still taking and has it helped even more?? Ps. Will it make me go a yellow colour. Lol

djdsouza
4 years ago

Take it with my breakfast every day. Definitely feel better because of it

djdsouza
4 years ago

(half a teaspoon of the powder, not the tablet!)

djdsouza
4 years ago

and no, have not turned yellow! 😉
(i eat it, and not rub on my skin)

graham100
4 years ago

Your eyes look a bit yellowish, but I will suffer that if it makes me walk better. Thanks for post, will try.

rose54
4 years ago

I am newly diagnosed and I am in a place where I am waiting for treatment. I have put myself on curcumin to see if it helps. I have the extract since I heard this is more potent than eating it or the plain tumeric powder. I took it for 4 days and noticed energy, less tremors, less sweating, more muscle strength, no difference in ms hug around my upper body, less blurry vision, no difference in swallowing issue, but better cognitive and thinking. It makes me feel a little relief. I wanted to see if it was the curcumin that was helping me, so I stopped it for 2 days, and my severe symptoms came back with a vengance. So I am back on curcumin. It does not hurt my stomach, I take it with food and and later I take achiphex. So far it helps more than hurts.

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Hi @rose54 ! … Sounds great for you! … How much are you taking and what brand of curcumin do you take?
It is the active ingredient (curcumin) that is in turmeric which is what helps… I add turmeric to all my cooking after learning about its neuro protective benefits and I also have 1/2 a teaspoon a day but would like to take a curcumin supplement – I just wanted to wait to hear from someone who was taking some for MS.
I’ve hear it is great for spasticity too!
I have tremors so it’s nice to hear it helped you, what sort of tremors do you have?

xxx

cazzzzzy
4 years ago

Actually after reading that news article it seems turmeric has two compounds …

“Aromatic-turmerone is the lesser-studied of two major compounds in turmeric that may have an effect on the human body.

Previous studies suggest the other compound, curcumin, could reduce inflammation in the body and have anti-cancer benefits.”

I will always make sure I take turmeric and add it to my cooking as it has so many benefits 🙂

xxx

djdsouza
4 years ago

Remember to see what the dosage is of any supplement you take. Have found that half a teaspoon of the powder has more of a consistent effect than a tablet does, but relies on you noticing a difference with turmeric or not 😉
(I manage to go to the gym with half a teaspoon in my breakfast)

graham100
4 years ago

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually really noticed it made them feel better? And stopped and notice deteriation so start again and feel better again??

rose54
4 years ago

Hi, I am taking Jarrow brand, its an extract in a powder capsule form. It is stronger than tumeric caps. I think it is 500 mg, I take 1 in the morning, I wanted to see what it did, so far so good, so now I am going to increase it to twice a day. I have had no side effects. It has helped with many symptoms including bladder incontinence. I have tremors in my hands mostly, but when I get an attack of them, I feel tremor inside my body, (hard to describe, very unsettling), feels almost like a seizure. My legs feel tremory when I stand for a period of time. My neck gets tremors also. I think that they are the worst symptom for me. I also get fasiculations under my skin and my arms and legs will jerk without warning. So, I am willing to try curcumin until my next neuro appointment. Sorry to vent! Today was a bad day.

sunnydaylover
4 years ago

so whats the best form of turmeric to buy. I bought fresh turmeric fro a local spice shop and it was very very hot, which surprised me greatly.x

rose54
4 years ago

Yes, I did stop the curcumin to see what would happen, and my symptoms increased! So I am back on it.

rose54
4 years ago

Hi Sunny, I did not get the root, I bought the extract, 500mg, Jarrow is the brand name. I love curry, but I heard that you would have to eat a lot of it to get results and some people do not like tumeric. So I bought the concentrated form of curcumin. The reccomendation is that if you are taking it for good health then you can benefit from eating curry, using it as a food. If you are using it for MS, then the concentrated form is more helpful for better results.

arkamran
9 months ago

couple weeks back, my vision became rather blurry. I decided to blend a few anti-inflammatory ingredients – 1/2 incluch of fresh turmeric, 1/4 ginger, gel from an aloe vera leaf, half cup of OJ and water (temper flavor!)

Within 2-3 minutes of drinking…vision completely restored

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.