….Things I’ve learnt since having Magic and Sparkle…
(MS, not a sparkle account at MnS)
– I make the best friend ever! Non judgemental, understanding, patient, compassionate. I suspect I was a bit of a shallow, selfish bitch before M n S
– The circle of life is a vicious one – everyone has their crosses to bear. It’s not all about us.
– Beauty really is skin deep. To glimpse someone’s soul is radical, profound intimacy – that’s only ever occurred since being afflicted
– Sometimes the easier path is surrender. Fighting uses up too much energy and why resist what we have done everything in our power to change?
– And Fear is the antithesis of a calm immune system.
– I learnt that letting nature take its course, has given me decades of an amazing life, only a smattering of sickness, all things considered. (Ignorance really is bliss in some circumstances, it’s been much better than I was lead to believe )
– I learnt that leaving MS alone, is not that bad. Chemo is to save your life and kill cancer and give you a fighting chance of surviving, MS is not a fatal or unbearable illness that kills you painfully.
– Having MS is like a crash course in cbt and mindfulness. And it’s free!
– Necessity is the mother of invention. There are ways round most obstacles, (but death and taxes obs)
– The state/ the government/the charities/ medics /doctors/pharma’s – they don’t really give a hoot about us, it’s every man for themselves and we have to be our own bestie in all areas.
– You develop a far greater capacity for joy, appreciation and awe – it really is the little things that makes life sparkle
– A kind word goes a long, long way
– There’s worse things than being alone – being misunderstood and treated badly, teaches you the discernment of Sherlock. Also handy.
– We are, and everyone around; us are only human. Give them and yourself a break
– Ted talks about positivity/mindset depression/motivation/inspiration etc really do calm the most troubled mind. Ave a word with yourself or get tv talk tv to do it
– It’s so much easier to sink than swim. But swimming is so much more admirable and brave and elegant , than losing your sh!t and expecting someone else to bail you out.. only you can do that
– Be grateful for every crummy bonus and never dwell on the losses This makes you a generally all round happier person, and happiness is infectious.
– People who have walked the line, live, love and laugh more. Way more.
– You learn the hard way, but u learn.
….I could go on (really?!) now I think of it…but over to you….
What wise and wonderful things are you grateful for learning in the school of M n S…?
Love and light to all ✨🧜♀️💕🍀☮️🌈✨
Browse categories and add by clicking on them
You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.