kellainey 14/07/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Teeth????

Hi All, can anyone tell me what has your teeth got to do with MS? I met a lady during the week who has MS & she started to tell me a big long story about her teeth & getting all her fillings changed. I couldn’t ask her anything because she wouldnt let me get a word in lol. Think she just wanted me to listen which I’m always happy to do. I knew I would come on here to ask & I’ll find out. Love this site.com

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
5 years ago

There’s a theory that the amalgam in fillings is toxic to the immune system. One of the many MS theories, but I believe it’s been disproved. No need to rush off to the dentist!

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Thought it had something to do with the high levels of mercury in old style fillings, though could be wrong

cameron
5 years ago

No, you’re right – it’s the mercury. But I don’t think it was ever proved beneficial to have them removed (there again, it depends what you read, doesn’t it! There’s always someone to swear by a particular theory).

loulou
5 years ago

Hi Kellainey

Yep I had all mine replaced with white ones, I was advised by someone I met who said “have you got Amalgam fillings?” when I said yes she said “get them out now!!!” she reckoned it was good for her and she experienced immediate relief, it has to be done very carefully with a rubber dam in your mouth so the murcury does not get absorbed, cant say it has helped me but I will try anything, 1 had this done a couple of years ago after a lot of research, some people swear by it

meg
5 years ago

I’ve been to the dentist twice with tooth-ache which turned out to be MS pain. Perhaps her dentist saw it as a good way of making money?

aardvark
5 years ago

Speak to any dentist and they’ll tell you it’s BS. Apart from the ones who make long dollar from replacing amalgam fillings for white ones. Call me a cynic…

aardvark
5 years ago

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.