Last reply 1 year ago
Tecifidera, any thoughts?

Hello, I’m about to change my drug from Avonex to Tecfidera and I was wondering if anyone has made the same transition or is taking Tecifidera and how it’s going for them? I’ve been on Avonex for 8 years and want to try something else, firstly to get away from those pesky needles but it’s also been highly recommended by my doctor. Be great to hear from anyone who’s had any experience of the drug. Also I’ve never been on an MS forum, or now I think of it any forum and would just like to make contact with others that have some experience of MS. Any advice or just some chat would be greatly appreciated.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @dez1982 and welcome. Tecfidera is now on of the more popular and well-tolerated Disease Modifying Treatments (DMTs).

Try following the “Treatments” link at the top of the page, then the “Tecfidera” link, to locate previous discussions about Tecfidera. 😉

dez1982
1 year ago

Great stuff Thanks man

vixen
1 year ago

Hi @dez1982, hope you enjoy this site, it’s such a great resource. I’m newly diagnosed and going into Week 9 of Tecfidera. Because of all the horror stories I put off starting until I had some holiday due. The truth is, no one can predict how your body will respond so the only way you will know is by trying. I’ve been really fortunate in that I have had no side effects whatsoever. What’s worked for me is to take the tablets exactly the same time every day (10 or 12 hours apart) and to take it half way through food. Many websites suggest a full meal. But for my breakfast I eat a large bowl of muesli with full fat milk and it’s worked a treat. At the moment I a, straying to feel I have more energy than I have had for ages. So, all in all, it’s good from my perspective. Good luck!

potter
1 year ago

I went from Rebif to Tecfidera and had a month of no medicine a wash out period. I had some stomach issues when I first started taking it, I started taking a good probiotic and making sure I take it in the middle of the meal. I take mine in the morning with a normal size bowl of cereal with Silk nut milk very creamy like full fat milk. I have been on it for three and a half years, no relapses, feeling good. Some people have flushing that you can prevent with taking a aspirin a half hour before you take your Tec. At least that’s what I have read, I didn’t have any problems with flushing. You might start taking a probiotic now to get your gut balanced. Potter

rwiebe62
1 year ago

I have been on Tecfidera for a couple of years now. The only side affect I have gotten is flushing, which is tolerable for sure. I think the main thing is take it with food and hope for the best. I have also been told that if you do experience flushing, a half a baby aspirin a half hour before you eat and take your meds might help. I haven’t tried it personally, but will if the flushing gets bad enough. Good luck!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.