Last reply 8 months ago
Tecfidera to Gilenya?

Hi

I got home from a Xmas holiday to a letter from my consultant… Well, actually, it was a copy of a letter my consultant had sent to my GP- it appears I’m just the middle man (woman)! The results of my October MRI are in- 2 new lesions on my brain since starting Tecfidera and the Neuro wants to discuss moving to Gilenya when I go to see him in Feb. Anyone any experience of moving from Tec to Gilenya? And do you think I’m meant to ask about Lemtrada rather than wait for it to be offered?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
8 months ago

@niccis , no firsthand experience of Gilenya, although I’m aware of a few success stories.

But, if you fancy Lemtrada, then start the conversation and make your case. πŸ˜‰

makinglemonade01
8 months ago

I didnt take Tec, but i have taken Gilenya for years. I love it! It got me out of a wheelchair and continues to give me a fuller life! I would sooner give God the praise for that, but the doctors say it was the Gilenya. =)
It does make the blood pressure go up but I highly recommend it. Best wishes!!

stephz
8 months ago

Treatment choice is yours – get the information you need to find what will work for you this tool from the MS Trust might help you https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/ms-symptoms-and-treatments/ms-decisions/decision-aid

You might also want to read the Brain Health report and its emphasis on patient control of their treatment https://www.msbrainhealth.org/report

hollylb10
8 months ago

This is interesting as I have been on tec and just had a scan. I wonder if it will show any new lesions!

I don’t even know how many lesions I have so I am going to be asking for a detailed letter or consultation to explain it to me.

I have just stopped tec and trying the natural recovery route. I wonder if they will try and tempt me onto another drug, obviously depending on the scan results!

Good luck with the change if you opt for it, I hope it all goes well for you. πŸ™‚

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.