Last reply 1 year ago
Tecfidera and weight?

Hi

Has anyone on Tecfidera managed to shift weight and how did you manage it? I have been on Tecfidera since April and I have put on nearly 10lb.

I just don’t want to keep putting on weight but don’t know how best to go about loosing it.

Thanks
Tracey

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

potter
1 year ago

I gained weight but my thyroid is also acting up, my GP didn’t know which one was causing the problem. I haven’t lost any weight but I haven’t gain any over the last year. So I guess my system is leveled out for now. I have been cutting down on the size of meals, I can take my Tec in the morning with a bowl of cereal now. I eliminated the piece of toast I had with it. I have a loaf of sprouted grain bread in the freezer in case I just I am craving bread I can pull out a slice. Potter

gemma87
1 year ago

Hi @tantar

Ive managed to loose weight whilst on tecfidera. Before starting tecfidera i was overweight and putting on more weight was my fear when starting tecfidera. Anyways ive managed to loose weight I go to a slimmingworld group and i seem to be able to loose similar weight just like the other women at the group.

I dont think tecfidera itself males you gain weight its just the temptation to eat more as you cant have an empty stomach when taking your pill.

Slimmingworld suits me because you can have large meals (which is great for stomaching tecfidera)but its all about eating the right food.

Good luck ? X

micah_tucker
1 year ago

I’ve been loosing weight since I’ve been on it. Mainly because I changed my diet to help with fatigue. It’s the first thing i’ve tried and i’ve been on it since June.

lightningduck
1 year ago

Hm….I’ve been on Tecfidera maybe two years and I’ve gained weight but my lifestyle went from very active to mostly sedentary so I had not equated the two events

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.