tantar 10/03/18
Last reply 1 month ago
Tecfidera and Protein shakes

Hi

I was hoping someone could help. I joined a gym a year ago and have noticed improved strength however, I haven’t lost any of the weight I put on after starting Tecfidera. My trainer has said to eat more protein which I am trying to do but I am rubbish at eating breakfast so take my meds lunch and evening. Does anyone have protein shakes that use Tecfidera and are they safe to use?
Thanks
Tracey

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

vixen
1 month ago

Hello @tantar. I don’t do protein shakes BUT after being diagnosed last year I had put on tons of weight waiting for diagnosis and recovering from a relapse. Then I started Tec and discovered, even with small amounts of exercise and healthy eating, I couldn’t lose weight and felt depressed and resigned to being overweight. In Sep I started a Keto diet and have lost 22 pounds. It’s a high fat and medium protein diet and has been nothing short of a miracle in my eyes. It’s hard for me to follow as I’m veggie too so no meat of fish. But it’s definitely turned my life around. That’s my story anyway, good luck!

tantar
1 month ago

Thank you 😁

stephz
1 month ago

@tantar – I don’t see why it should be an issue other than not having enough food in your system and you might get a reaction? Also taking Tec at Lunch & dinner is probably worse since you have a strong dose in your system floowed by a perod of low dose rather than the constant dose that comes with taking tec 12 hours apart?

tantar
1 month ago

Hi thanks for your replies it’s more lunch and then about 10pm x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.