Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

norm
7 months ago

I’m a man so I can only speak to what my Doctor told me. Tecfidera has a half life that lasts long enough to make conceiving children while on it a stop and wait situation. He said for every six mo the I am on it, once I were to stop, it would be an additional 6 months my system. Major birth defects are possible. Just passing on what he told me if that helps.

norm
7 months ago

Sorry for the choppy response, my computer auto “corrects” a lot of words.

ebaldwin
7 months ago

@norm
Thank you for the reply,my neurologist told me it’s an instant get out of your system drug as soon as you stop it .

ellielou
4 months ago

Hi, my team at the hospital said officially it’s out of your system almost as soon as you stop, but my nurse said if it were her she’d give it a few weeks clear before trying to conceive. So, for me today is day one off tecfidera to start that process. I’ve been on it for just over 3 years and it has worked… I’ve had no relapses and have tolerated the drug well. I’m feeling a bit apprehensive today though, fingers crossed I’ll be fine without it.

Good luck with your journey.

norm
4 months ago

That’s good news, I wonder if it’s the male side that is affected, damaged sperm and the like? Good luck then!

ellielou
4 months ago

Possibly. We’ve also had to wait an extra 6 months as we had to wait for the zika risk to pass after a trip to Mexico. That was down to my husband as guys have to wait 6 months, women as lot less!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.