melanieellis 20/05/12
Last reply 5 years ago
Take the anxiety out of overactove bladder syndrome!

Hi All,

Just thought I would let you know about a drug called Vesicare (brand name for solefinacin succinate) which can really help with overactive bladder syndrome. It is recommended by NICE and yet many GPs fail to prescribe it and it can really take the anxiety ou tof over-active bladder syndrome. It stops your bladder from cramping when it detects urea (which is what gives you that horrific ‘toilet now!’ feeling. I shall probably never get out of the habit of checking out where my nearest loo is but there’s no harm in that.

Also, if you haven’t already, apply for a RADAR key which lets you open many disabled toilets which can be a relief if you are somewhere busy and need to circumvent the queue!

Mel 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

5 years ago

Was prescribed vesicare a few weeks ago, but pharmaceutical tablets don’t seem to agree with me. So I switched to oxybutinyn (sp?) to no avail. After weighing up pros and cons have switched back to the Chinese tablets I used to take which help me stop feeling so ‘urgent’ (taking both oxybutinyn and the Chinese tablets works doublely well, causing me to have water retention and temporarily a catheter! 🙁 )

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.